Easter is one of my favorite holidays! It is my favorite for a few reasons 1) Because of Jesus! 2) Cute Springtime Easter Outfits, 3) Family Gatherings, 4) Easter Egg Hunts, 5) EASTER CANDY! I love the special seasonal candy that you can only get at Easter time.
Speaking of Easter Candy – Can we just take a moment to talk Peeps. You know, the sugar coated bunny shaped marshmallow candies. I was totally shocked last Easter when I bit into an orange Peep, only to discover it was an orange cream flavored marshmallow. When did peeps add flavoring to their candy?! This year, as I was cruising the Easter candy aisle, when I discovered MORE FLAVORS! Here is the 2021 Peeps flavor line up: Hot Tamales, Cotton Candy, Party Cake and my kids favorite – FRUIT PUNCH!
*Be Sure To Scroll to the bottom of the page for a fun TIP
This is a really fun recipe – well, it’s more like creative idea to try with your Peeps this Year. It is really easy, fun and when you put them in a box, it makes for a really cute presentation.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Peeps – You can use Chicks or Bunnies, or mix it up.
- White Melting Chocolate – (use melting chocolate, not baking chips. Trust me.)
- Craft Crinkle Paper
- Pastry Box ( we got ours from Wal-Mart, in the cake decorating section.)
- Spring Time Decor – optional – you can decorate the outside of your box!
Putting It All Together:
- Melt White Chocolate according to the package directions.
- Dip Peeps in White Chocolate
- Then dip the peeps into the Sprinkles
- Let them cool and harden on a piece of wax paper.
- The Peeps will cool pretty quickly. At this point you can eat them OR you can place them in a box and use springtime decor on the top of the box.
Try a White Chocolate Covered Peep S’MORE!!!! Just melt 2 Peeps on a plate in the microwave for 10 seconds. Using a spoon, gently remove peeps from plate and place them inside 2 graham crackers. And BOOM! You’re Welcome!